How do I find assisted living in Front Royal, Virginia?
If you’ve made it here, you’re on the right track!
When searching for senior living, you shouldn’t only ask your potential new community questions. You should start your search by asking yourself, “What kind of things do I want in an assisted living community?”
If you’re looking for yourself or an aging family member, consider what care services will be most beneficial. Think about the amenities that would make life easier. Take into consideration what kind of food the community serves and how often.
To begin searching for an assisted living community, let’s first generate questions to ask yourself.
What do I want in an assisted living community?
Making the transition from home to assisted living is difficult. To ease your decision, think about what’s best for your situation and what features would make life better. Questions to ask when looking include:
- Do I need help getting out of bed?
- Do I need help getting dressed?
- Do I need more socialization?
- Am I tired of or unable to do household chores?
- Do I need rides to my doctors’ appointments?
- Do I need to eat better?
- Would it give my family peace of mind to join assisted living?
Is assisted living right for me?
If you answered yes to the questions listed above, assisted living is an excellent choice.
Assisted living is ideal for seniors who only need a few services to help them live independently. Seniors experiencing Alzheimer’s or dementia will benefit more from memory care.
Nursing homes are not the same as assisted living. Nursing homes provide a higher level of skilled nursing care for people living with chronic conditions or rehabilitating from surgery.
What is assisted living?
Assisted living is a service that helps people to live easier lives thanks to receiving care in key areas. Activities of daily living are the main focus of care, but things like socialization, exercise, and amenities can also improve seniors’ quality of life.
Assisted living care services include:
- Individualized care plans
- Medication management
- Bathing, dressing, and grooming
- Transfer assistance
- Pharmacy coordination
- Emergency response
Communities like Shenandoah Senior Living in Front Royal, VA provide those services in addition to:
- Morning walks and senior yoga
- Worship service
- Three daily meals and snacks
- Hobbies and crafts
- Card and board games
- Spa time
- Housekeeping and laundry services
- Scheduled transportation and scenic drives
Can I tour assisted living?
Take a test drive of assisted living and make an appointment for a guided tour. Prepare for the visit by bringing a pre-made list of questions to ask your senior living tour guide.
When touring assisted living, questions to ask include:
Care and staff
- What are the additional costs for care?
- What’s the highest level of care you provide?
- What is the associate-to-resident ratio?
- What training do associates complete?
Meals and activities
- When are meals served?
- Do you provide for special diets?
- What activities are popular here?
- Can new hobbies be introduced?
Living spaces and community
- Can I bring my furniture?
- How often will my apartment be cleaned?
- Who has access to my apartment?
- When can I go outside?
- Where are the common areas to hang out?
- How often is transportation available?
Can I find out more about assisted living without a tour?
What should I expect when moving in?
Expect to meet Patty, our resident ambassador who knows the ins and outs of the community. New residents have no problem meeting new friends. Welcome parties and daily activities ensure new residents feel right at home.
Also, feel free to continue asking questions like:
- What time is lunch?
- Can I get an activity calendar?
- Is anyone available to chat?
- Can someone change a lightbulb for me?
Whatever you need in our assisted living community, feel free to ask!
Visit Shenandoah Senior Living
Knowing what assisted living questions to ask when looking for senior housing is an important part of the research. Include topics that are important for your needs. Our door is always open for a tour or chat. Just click the contact us button below to get in touch.